Committed to Ongoing Education for Canadian Foot Care Nurses
October 25, 2016: With the competency document nearing completion, CAFCN has put a hold on adding any new educational program to the website. CAFCN does not endorse any educational program or have influence over curriculum, course material, educational outcomes.
CAFCN will be developing a process to ensure all programs advertised align with the national competency document.
Courses updated March, 2016
Information listed here includes ongoing courses. See also information on the events page for courses that are offered on specific days.
Fair Use of the CAFCN Logo: We respectfully request that our logo not be added to another website without permission. If you would like to be listed on this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing Foot Care Courses in Canada
- The following listing of foot care courses is for informational purposes only.
- CAFCN does not endorse any of these courses or have any influence over curriculum, course material, educational outcomes or acceptance for billing and insurance purposes.
- All nurses are advised to evaluate their own learning needs and to choose educational activity that meets the standards of their governing nursing body.
- Requirement needed to obtain 3rd party billing status or a foot care provider authorization number vary from province to province and are different for individual insurance providers.
- All nurses are advised to verify ahead of time that any course that they take will enable them to meet the local requirements and needs in their area of planned practice.
If you would like to see a foot care course listed here, please forward an email to the appropriate provincial advisor.
Education, Associations & Funding Resources
Below is a list of education, association and funding resources for each province. You can use the 'show ALL' link to show all of the tables or open them individually by using the 'TOGGLE OPEN/CLOSED' links.
This list will be updated annually (August 1) by the advisors for each region. Please forward your feedback and/or revisions to the advisor of that province or territory.
BRITISH COLUMBIATOGGLE OPEN/CLOSED
NEW BRUNSWICKTOGGLE OPEN/CLOSED
NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADORTOGGLE OPEN/CLOSED
NORTHWEST TERRITORIESTOGGLE OPEN/CLOSED
NOVA SCOTIATOGGLE OPEN/CLOSED
PRINCE EDWARD ISLANDTOGGLE OPEN/CLOSED