The Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses invites you to submit an abstract for a session at the annual conference to be held in Calgary, Alberta May 21-23, 2021.
Be a part of the CAFCN National meeting!
Must be received by CAFCN by midnight November 15, 2020. No extensions will be granted. Acknowledgement that proposal arrived on time will be sent via email.
Submissions must be completed and submitted online.
Abstract Selection and Notification:
The Conference Committee will meet to select presentations. If your abstract is accepted for presentation, you will be notified by email no later than December 10, 2020. This notice is sent to the contact person.
Conference Registration Fee:
All presenters are expected to assume costs related to travel and accommodations. If your abstract is selected for presentation, one speaker per abstract will receive a complimentary conference registration.
If the primary author is unable to attend the conference, a substitute speaker is acceptable.
1. All proposals must be in English.
2. Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
3. All communications will be directed only to the presenting author.
4. Abstracts must not exceed 250 words (excluding the abstract headings, if used).
5. An individual may submit more than one abstract.
6. There is no fee to submit an abstract.
Presentation Format: All presentations are podium-delivered, 45 minute presentation (includes 10 minutes for Q&A)
Workshop Presentation Format: All workshops are 90 minutes; hands on activity preferred; lab fee collected if applicable and limited to 20 participants.
Important dates to remember:
|Deadline for submission of proposals||November 15, 2020|
|Proposals reviewed by CAFCN Conference Planning Committee||December 1-10, 2020|
|Invitations are issued to selected Speakers||December 10, 2020|
|Email notification is sent to those not selected||December 10, 2020|
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Title: clear description of presentation and its contents
- Conciseness, coherence, clarity and focus of presentation
- Relevance, currency, appropriateness and significance of the topic/issue/problem
- Theoretical and/or practical application to the field
- The abstract presents issues of relevance & importance based on current evidence based practice
Factors disqualifying a proposal: The presentation promotes commercial interests.
Download a PDF of these requirements and the form »
A copy of what you submit will be emailed to the email address on the form.