Arlene Van Doorn, RN
Arlene VanDoorn is a registered nurse and proud owner of Arlene’s Healthy Heels & More Inc since 2008. What began as a casual job, progressed into full time bricks and mortar passion for foot care.
With 36 years of acute care level one hospital experience including, gerentology, med /surgery /ortho, emergency and outpatient department at Windsor Regional ( Ouellette campus), Arlene has also worked casual in the County Jail from 2001-2003.
In 2010, Arlene worked as a foot nurse for Sandwich West Community Health which included: foot screening, foot care and extensive health teaching while stationed at numerous endocrine offices.
She is founder and creator of Windsor’s Annual Foot Conference since 2014.
Since 2018, Arlene has been part of a working group for LHIN regarding bridging the gap between wound and foot care nurses. The group was instrumental in creating best practice guidelines for family health care teams and foot care facilities.
Her education includes:
– Basic and Advanced Foot care certificate from St. Clair College (2003)
– Level 1-4 NASP ( North American School of Podology)
– Foot Educator certificate in 2008 from Foot Care Kingston ( presently known as Foot Canada Training)
– She teaches quarterly using the Foot Canada Training program and has had several successful students graduate.
– November 2019 became facilitator for “Diabetes Healthy Feet Program” through Windsor, Essex Community Health Care.
– Member of RNAO and interest groups which include, Independant practice and wound group
Arlene’s vision is to have all foot nurses across Canada use Best Practice Guidelines. She hopes foot nurses continue to grow as a cohesive team. She also believes that when you are truly passionate about your job it never feels like work.